Monday, June 4, 2012

Tech stuff (because I'm cool)

So I realize I haven't done a post in forever--especially not a significant one. I thought that things would be different after graduation; that I would have all this time to do stuff like read and write. I guess I do have that time, I just haven't had the motivation or whatever. I think I'm still stuck on main problem about what to write. I still don't even know what this blog is. Anyways, I was on this website that gives a bunch of random blog post ideas and I thought I would try to write one. We'll see how this goes.

10 Gadgets I use on a daily basis

1) My computer

2.5gb of graphics RAM with an NVIDIA GeForce 570 chipset sitting next to an Intel 3rd generation i5 processor with overclock capacity and 16 gb of RAM means I've got a gaming machine for the gods. At least, the Gods on a budget. Every game I own runs beautifully and smoothly which is all I've ever honestly wanted. But most importantly it replaced my laptop which served me diligently for 4 years pumping out papers and LAN gaming and such like that. It was a faithful companion but alas, I now have upgraded to desktop computing. This machine will hopefully help me land a job and write my book, but if not, it will at least help me play games in stunning HD.

2) My phone--Gotta stay connected. For years I had dealt with terrible free phones from Verizon that barely passed the requirements of being phones. Sure, they made calls but other than that they were useless. At the dawn of smartphones my phones really weren't too bad but then all of a sudden the capabilities of everyone else's devices eclipsed mine and I was left in the technological dust. Now I have an iPhone and couldn't be happier.

3) My iPod--I'm separating my iPod from my iPhone though they are now the same device because for years I had an iPod that served faithfully as my companion and friend. It housed my music which is incredibly important to me and to this day (despite being reduced to a mere app on my phone) provides me with my favorite songs and lays down the soundtrack to my day.

4) My car? Is my car a gadget? I don't think so but without it I would be done for.

5) Who can honestly think of ten things they use on a daily basis that doesn't include their refrigerator and a lamp? This cookie-cutter blog crap is stupid and I'm not doing it again. I need to start writing and I think once being out of school really hits me I'll get myself in gear and actually do something worth while. Who knows. It'll be good. I think.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, remember that old mp3 player you had? And it broke so you couldn't fast forward? And I used to skip songs you were listening to just to irritate you/flirt with you? Man, those were the days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha back in the old days when we had over-the-ear headphones and rode the bus to school. Classic.

    ReplyDelete